Human Rights Education Review provides a forum for research and critical scholarship in human rights education. The journal is dedicated to an examination of human rights education theory, philosophy, policy, and praxis, and welcomes contributions that address teaching and learning in formal and informal settings, at all levels from early childhood to higher education, including professional education. The journal aims to stimulate transdisciplinary debate, addressing rights as they relate to citizenship, identity and belonging. HRER welcomes studies that address justice and rights in a variety of settings, in both established democracies and conflict-ridden societies.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Confirm this manuscript has been submitted solely to this journal and is not published, in press or submitted elsewhere
- Confirm the research meets the ethical guidelines, including adherence to legal requirements of the study country
- Confirm you have removed author names to allow anonymous review
- Confirm you have disclosed any conflict of interest
- Confirm you have acknowledged any grant funding sources
- Confirm you have seen, read, understood and agreed with HRER guidelines on copyright and privacy
Confirm you have obtained permissions for the use of any third-party material used
I have not used any third-party material for which formal permissions is required
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Confirm authorship of the paper is accurately represented. This includes ensuring that all individuals credited as authors participated in the actual authorship of the work and that all who participated are credited and have given consent for publication
This peer review form is to be used for all submissions to the Articles section
Authors who publish with Human Rights Education Review agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Human Rights Education Review is committed to respecting data-protection regulations. The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.